IKEA® Order Cancellation and Adjustment Policy
- Customer may cancel any part or all of an order before the order cutoff (every Sunday at 11:59 pm) in which it is scheduled to be procured with no cancellation fee assessed. To cancel an order please contact Charleston Xpress at 843.471.0663 or contact us online with the customer first and last name, order date and the word “Cancellation” in the subject line. Charleston Xpress will respond to confirm the cancellation and payment will be refunded within 7 days via the same manner in which it was received.
- If customer cancels their order AFTER an order cutoff, a late cancellation fee may be assessed and subtracted from the refund total. The order total minus the cancellation fee will be refunded within 7 days via the same payment manner in which it was received.
- If customer chooses to cancel an order after it has shipped, the shipping fee is nonrefundable and a restocking fee of 20% times the cost of the products ordered will be assessed and subtracted from the refund total. The remaining balance will be refunded within 7 days via the same manner in which it was received.
- In the event a customer needs to make a correction or adjustment to an order, Charleston Xpress must be notified by calling 843.471.0663 or contacting us before the order cutoff (every Monday at 8am) in which the order is scheduled to be procured. If Charleston Xpress does not receive the change request prior to the shipment of an order, customer will be held liable for all applicable shipping and restocking fees for all items shipped.
Replacement Policy for Damaged or Defective IKEA® Products
In the event any product received from Charleston Xpress is either damaged or found to have latent manufacturing defects, please contact us within 90 days of the date of purchase.
DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE PARTS:
If parts from a product arrive damaged or are found to be defective please contact us within 90 days of purchase and we will have the damaged or defective part(s) shipped to our showroom for pick up after our next IKEA® trip, pending the availability of the parts at IKEA®. If customer ordered Charleston Xpress White Glove in-home delivery service, the parts will either be delivered or mailed directly to the customer as soon as they arrive in Charleston. If customer did not order Charleston Xpress White Glove in-home delivery service and opted for a warehouse pickup, customer may either pick up the replacement parts from the Charleston Xpress warehouse or for a general packaging and delivery fee Charleston Xpress will have the parts delivered to your door. Packaging and delivery fees are based on the size, weight, packaging complexity of the parts and shipment distance. Please contact Charleston Xpress for a quote if you need this service.
If you require the replacement of a damaged or defective part and it is past 90 days from the date of purchase, if the part is still available from IKEA®, the part requiring replacement must be returned to Charleston Xpress before the cutoff of the next scheduled IKEA® trip. A flat rate replacement charge of $25 per occurrence will be assessed on all replacements to cover administrative and shipping costs. Standard packaging and delivery fees apply if you need the part shipped or delivered to your home versus picked up at the Charleston Xpress warehouse.
CONCERNING DAMAGED ITEMS THAT WERE PICKED UP BY A CUSTOMER FROM OUR WAREHOUSE:
IT IS THE CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO RETURN ANY DAMAGED PARTS TO CHARLESTON XPRESS LOCATED AT 218 HOWLE AVE CHARLESTON SC 29412 WITHIN THE 90 DAY PERIOD FOR REPLACEMENT. THE 90 DAY PERIOD COMMENCES ON THE DATE OF PURCHASE. ANY REQUEST FOR REPLACEMENT PARTS AFTER THE 90 DAYS IS SUBJECT TO OUR MINIMUM $25 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE. PLEASE NOTE: If only one or a few pieces within a package are damaged, customer should only return the pieces that need replacement, not the entire product.
CONCERNING DAMAGED ITEMS THAT WERE DELIVERED TO A CUSTOMER BY CHARLESTON XPRESS:
IF A CUSTOMER’S ORDER IS DELIVERED TO A HOME OR BUSINESS BY CHARLESTON XPRESS AND ANY PART IS FOUND TO BE DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE, CHARLESTON XPRESS WILL DELIVER A REPLACEMENT PART WITHIN 8-15 BUSINESS DAYS OR SOONER (PENDING STOCK AVAILABILITY OF THE PART) AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO THE CUSTOMER ON THE FIRST OCCURRENCE. ANY SUBSEQUENT OCCURRENCES FOR THE SAME PRODUCT, CUSTOMER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR A REDELIVERY FEE OF $50 TO COVER THE SHIPMENT AND DELIVERY OF THE REPLACEMENT PART OR THEY MAY PICK UP THE PART FROM CHARLESTON XPRESS AT NO ADDITIONAL COST. PLEASE NOTE: If only one or a few pieces within a package are damaged, customer should only return the pieces that need replacement, not the entire product.
Policy for Missing IKEA® Parts
If parts from a product are missing please contact us and we will have the missing parts shipped to Charleston for warehouse pick up after our next IKEA® trip, pending the availability of the parts at IKEA®. If customer is missing parts and ordered our White Glove in-home delivery service, the parts will either be delivered or mailed directly to the customer as soon as they arrive in Charleston.
If customer did not order Charleston Xpress’s White Glove in-home delivery service and opted for warehouse pick up, customer may either pick up the replacement parts from the Charleston Xpress warehouse once they arrive from IKEA® or for a general packaging and delivery fee Charleston Xpress will have the parts packaged and delivered to customer’s door. Packaging and delivery fees are based on the size, weight, packaging complexity of the parts and shipment distance. Please contact Charleston Xpress for a quote if you need this service.
**Please be advised that Charleston Xpress is not responsible for missing parts within a flat-packed box. We are committed to making it right, however if you’ve traveled a great distance to our warehouse to pick up your products and did not take advantage of our White Glove in-home delivery service we will be unable to deliver replacement parts without an associated packaging and shipping fee.**
Return Policy for IKEA® Products
RETURN OF IKEA® PRODUCTS PURCHASED AND SHIPPED BY CHARLESTON XPRESS:
If for any reason a customer is unsatisfied with a purchase, it may be returned using a valid receipt/invoice from Charleston Xpress within 90 days. If products were shipped by Charleston Xpress, Charleston Xpress will refund the IKEA® product cost including tax, minus a 20% restocking fee. SHIPPING FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE ONCE AN ORDER HAS SHIPPED.
RETURN OF IKEA® PRODUCTS NOT PURCHASED THROUGH CHARLESTON XPRESS:
If a customer has purchased IKEA® products directly from IKEA® and wishes to return them through Charleston Xpress the following policies apply:
- Customer must supply a valid IKEA® receipt or a copy of the receipt to Charleston Xpress before any products will be returned. The receipt cannot be more than 60 days past the date of purchase.
- Once your IKEA® receipt is verified by a Charleston Xpress employee, customer will be charged a 25% product return fee times the total cost of the product(s) being returned.
- Customer must deliver product(s) to the Charleston Xpress warehouse or call to schedule a pick-up service of the product(s). If customer chooses to use Charleston Xpress’s pick-up service, a pick-up service fee will apply. The service fee will be determined by the pickup location and number of products being picked up. Please contact us for a quote.
- Customer may use the refund balance minus the product return fee towards a current or future purchase with Charleston Xpress. The refund balance will be refunded in the form of store credit, a gift certificate or gift card to be used with Charleston Xpress on a current or future purchase. ALL REFUNDS MADE ON RETURNED IKEA® PRODUCTS NOT ORIGINALLY PURCHASED THROUGH CHARLESTON XPRESS WILL BE REFUNDED AS STORE CREDIT TO BE USED WITH CHARLESTON XPRESS ON A CURRENT OR FUTURE PURCHASE – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Out-Of-Stock Policy for IKEA® Products
If any product ordered through Charleston Xpress is out-of-stock and payment for the merchandise and service(s) has been received, Charleston Xpress will notify customer via phone or email with the following options:
- Customer may choose to have Charleston Xpress attempt to procure the out-of-stock merchandise on subsequent trips to IKEA®. If the backordered merchandise continues to be unavailable from IKEA® for more than 30 days from the date of the first attempted pickup, Charleston Xpress will issue a refund including the cost of the product, applicable shipping fee and tax via the same manner in which it was received.
- Customer may choose to cancel the out-of-stock portion of an order, in which Charleston Xpress will issue a refund including the cost of the product, applicable shipping fee and tax via the same manner in which it was received.
Home Delivery Policy
If a customer requests our White Glove in-home delivery service and any part of an order is out-of-stock, all shipped merchandise will be held at Charleston Xpress until the backordered merchandise has shipped. A customer may request Charleston Xpress to deliver a partial order before the remaining backordered items have shipped, however a re-delivery fee for an additional delivery of backordered products will be assessed.
If customer chooses a partial delivery and desires to pick up the backordered merchandise from Charleston Xpress, this may be done at no extra charge. Customer may cancel a scheduled White Glove in-home delivery within 24 hours of the scheduled delivery appointment time at no charge. Any cancellations after the 24 hour period will be assessed a $25 cancellation fee. Any scheduled delivery that is unable to be made due to the unavailability of the customer at the scheduled time will result in a re-delivery fee equal to the original White Glove in-home delivery fee.
Furniture Storage Policy
All orders shipped to Charleston Xpress for warehouse pick up must be picked up within 14 days from the date of arrival in Charleston. Any furnishings not picked up within the 14 day period will accrue a daily storage fee of $5 and a maximum weekly storage fee of $30 which must be paid in full prior to the release of the furnishings. Any orders that are not picked up within 14 days from the date of arrival in Charleston will be liquidated to cover Charleston Xpress’s storage expense.
If a customer has storage needs and would like their IKEA® order to be held at the Charleston Xpress warehouse beyond the 14 day grace period please contact Charleston Xpress to make arrangements.